Friday, April 1, 2011

One of the Other Dwarves...

So I'm currently a combination of Sleepy, Grumpy, and Dopey. I've never had insomnia this bad, so it's sort of beating the hell out of me. Really, I ache all over and I'm starting to think the lamps are talking about me behind my back.

All right, the sleep deprivation hasn't resulted in auditory hallucinations yet, but I'm starting to wonder.

You would think I'd have gotten writing done, but seeing as all I and my body (as evidenced by the achy-ness) wants to do is sleep and possibly eat on occasion, that hasn't happened. Which is disappointing on another level as I have anime to watch (Trigun, lent to me by Sine (her name has an accent over the i I can't seem to put on here, and is pronounced She - nah) and currently unwatched. I haven't ever watched it so...) and a pair of library books. The first being Magical Kingdom for Sale, Sold! by Terry Brooks, one of the Landover novels. Oddly enough, I have read one of them, Tanglebox, which is like, the fourth book. Silly me never went back and read the others so I'm trying to remedy that.

The other is Bloodhound, the second Beka Cooper book by Tamora Pierce. Despite the fact that I am no longer a teenager, I still read them.

Yesterday morning/lunch I went and saw Sucker Punch. I was pleased to see, after, that my friends were just as unsure as I was. It is, undeniably a stunning film from visual and technical aspects. It has very neat transitions, I think it was well written and well acted.

I'm just not sure if I liked it. Seeing as I was the only sleep deprived one in the group, I thought perhaps it was altered state of mind, but the others were of the same frame and we tend to agree on films. (Not always though, there is the issue my love for John Wayne and adult comedies of the Hangover variety which Sine finds to be weird). I think I'll have to watch it again to make any cohesive decision.

Word of the Day: Somnolent [som-nuh-luhnt] - sleepy, drowsy. Tending to cause sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment