Saturday, June 18, 2011

Anthology

I submitted my short for the Charity Sip Blitz, and am now working on a story for the Shifting Steam Anthology. Entries are due August 10th, and must be between 5-10K words. At the moment I'm shy of four thousand but the plot is outlined and I think I'll be just shy of ten thousand at the finish.

As you may have guessed, it's Shapeshifters and Steampunk. Yeah, two of my favorite things rolled up into one package! Being that I am working on a Steampunkish novel already, I decided to use the world as a setting for this short. It's a tad easier for me to write in a world where I've already established the rules of engagement.

I did have to come up with two brand new characters though, and I think they're both delightful. With any luck, they'll be delightful enough to get me into the anthology.

No comments:

Post a Comment