Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Admissions

I found recently that my boundaries have opened up in ways I never imagined. I've admitted things to myself and my friends that while I found difficult, have really made me more comfortable with myself as a writer and as a person.

I think that sort of honesty feeds the writer monster inside, you know, the beast that lives in the well of creativity in the back of your mind. You have to feed the beast with new experiences, new sights and sounds. You have to live to write.

This includes doing things you never thought you would do. "Coming out" as it were, to my friends as made me feel more myself, and more confident, and the writer beast is pleased. The characters I write I know are reflections of parts of myself, and those I know and meet.

I think those reflections are in the work of every writer. I don't think it's something we can help. Even the most heinous villains in my stories have redeemable qualities, and that's something I hope that comes across most in what I write.

Because I write about the things that are most important to me. I write about hope, family and of course, love. So, my admission to you; I love my job. I love writing, and I hope that as I continue to progress as an author that the expectations of my readers only grow higher, and that I rise to meet them.

I don't want to rest on my laurels. I want you all to know, that each and every book I write I intend to stretch out of my comfort zones, find new horizons, and above all, refine the craft of the written word.

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you all love the worlds I live in as much as I do.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment