Monday, July 28, 2014

New Release!

It's a new release!
Devilry Done (formerly Best Laid Plans) is my addition to the Rode Hard anthology.

When Lucas decides he wants Ambrose back, he needs a plan. Unfortunately, Lucas has never been very good at plans. By the time he’s gotten Ambrose’s attention, Lucas is in trouble with some dangerous people and broke to boot. Of course, he also gets into trouble with Ambrose, and if he’s very lucky, his former paramour will be in a forgiving mood.

Sample

The crack of lightning startled me, but it was more than just that. It was a deep sense of fear that struck through me like a cold wind breaking into a toasty room. I shot up in the bed, uncertain if it was a nightmare or something else entirely.
"Good evening, Lucas."

I blinked, trying to get a look at the man looming at the end of the bed. His voice I knew, and as lightning flashed again outside the window, his face lit up. The blue-white flash caught the sharp edge of his jaw, eyes shadowed by the brim of his hat.

"Ambrose."

The tall, powerfully built man scowled at me, which did not change the fact that he was, in my opinion, one of God's finest creations. "You lost big at the house. Ran off with a tab running. I don't appreciate that." He stalked over to the side of the bed. "You think you can get away with stealing from me?"

"I hoped it would get your attention, to be honest." I leaned back on my elbows.

"There are less suicidal ways of getting a man's attention, boy. You have to pay for what you did. You know that."

"I don't have any money."

"Why doesn't that surprise me?" He grabbed the buckle of his belt and unfastened it, sliding the thick strap of leather free. "This can go one of two ways. You can take it like a man, and then you and me will head on back to the house and settle up. You can work it off. Or, you can fight me, in which case I'll have to beat you longer, drag you out by your hair and you'll still have to work it off."

"I'm not going to make it hard, Ambrose. I need your help."

 
And in other news, Rode Hard made the All Romance ebooks Bestseller list!

No comments:

Post a Comment